I made this delicious watermelon lemonade earlier this week for a little party with friends. The summer isn't really showing his face yet here, so i made this drink and mojito's for that summer feeling. This is a great refreshing drink for a hot summerday.
- about four lemons
- about four limes
- 1/2 watermelon. It's about eight cups of watermelon
- a blender or foodprocessor
- 6 table spoons of sugar
- 2 cups of water
- you could also use soda water when serving
1. grate about 1 tablespoon of the lemonzest and 1 tablespoon of the limezest
2. extract the juice from all the lemons and limes
3. scoop the watermelon into a bowl or your foodprocessor. I used about half a watermelon
4. once you've chopped and mixed all the watermelon add the lemon and lime zest and the juices. mix again
5. add the water
6. it's not neccesary but you could add some extra water or sodawater when serving
Now it's time to serve it. Add a piece of watermelon on the top of the glass. Freeze some pieces of watermelon in the fridge and serve it with your watermelon icecubes.
Enjoy the summer feeling!
-acrylic or special linoprint paint, i used acrylic
- spongebrush, or when you're using linoprint paint you could use a roller
- a notebook, i bought mine at paperchase
1. draw the picture you want on the lino, in this case a lightning bolt. For "inspiration" look up lightning cartoon and you will find a lot of pictures.
2. Cut the picture out with your gouge. Make sure you cut everything out besides ofcourse the picture
3. maybe mix your paint and dab not too much on your sponge brush
4. Dab the paint on your stamp
5. place the stamp where you want it to be on your notebook
6. Continue this until your cover is full
You could also use this technique on fabrics, I also use acrylic paint for that but you could also use screenprintink for fabrics.
This hairtutorial is for short hair just around the chin. It is great for everyday, but also for a party. I wanted to go to my "prom" with this hairstyle, but it kind of failed that evening so i went with a little beehive hairdo. You may need to practise this hairdo a few times before you got in nice and messy instead of sloppy and messy.
If you've got really sleek hair like i do, you may need to spray in some dry shampoo before starting, this way you will get more texture and all the bobbypins and clips will stay better in your hair.
I bought this suitcase in a triftstore a couple of years ago. It was originally blue and I painted it red with acrylic paint. Don't use acrylic paint in projects like this, it wil leave an ugly finish. Use paint you would use for wood as well. I bought this mint green paint to paint my new desk and i used the leftovers for the suitcase. Use an waterbased paint, because that will dry quicker and smells less (altough i love the smell of paint hahaha).
What you need:
- primer for waterbased paint
- paint in any colour you like
- brush (you can also use a normal paintbrush, where you paint your paintings with, really handy for small corners)
- paintroller for waterbased paint
- container for you paint
1. If have already painted your suitcase just like me and left some paint on the metal parts. Use your sandpaper to get of with an circular motion, you won't see the scrapes as m uch as when you make a straigt motion.
- After you've done that give the whole suitcase a quick sanding treatment, this way the paint will stick better to the surface.
2. Now give the suitcase a primercoat. You can choose to paint it with a brush and a roller or just with an brush. If you do the easy parts ( example: top of the lid) with a roller, you will get a smoother finish.
TIP: place a paintbrush or a stick in the suitcase, to help the lid stay up. This way your lid won't get stuck to the bottom half.
Let your paint dry for the time giving on the package, once its dustdry you can paint the bottom. Once you've done that let it dry again, you can paint another layer after this, if you think it's necessary.
3. Now it's time to paint suitcase with a colour. Do this the same way as you painted your primer coat. If necessary paint mutiple layers. This depends on how dark your suitcase was and how light your paint is.
If you have any question feel free to comment!
I went camping with my friend Noor last week, for four days. We went to the east of the Netherlands, Nijverdal in Overijssel. It is a nice area with a forest and areas of heath.
We left in the morning by train, with our bikes. We arrived at about 12 o'clock. We set up our tent and organized all our luggage.
When we had set up our tent, we walked a trail of 8 km. And of courseer we after we came back, we started to cook our dinner, nothing special or anything. Later that evening we walked again and took a lot of pictures, because of the pretty sunset.
Me and my family had a barbecue yesterday. It was nice weather yesterday evening, although it has been nicer earlier this week. I've been camping together with my friend Noor, in the east of Holland. I'll post some pictures of that later and a DIY
I did a few weeks ago.
Did you have a great weekend like I did?
My name is Evi and i decided to start a blog. It's not completely ready yet, but it will be soon.
It's going to be a blog mostly about things i make or that is going on in my life.
I hope you enjoy it!